Tuesday, April 3

Whoops! I've been rumbled!

Don't you think that is a great word - rumbled? I read it in one of my Baba's books when I was staying with Yia-yia in York and I slept in his old bedroom, he has loads of his old children's books still there. I like to read them.

So there I was this afternoon online for an IT Design Session (we do sessions, not lessons) it was a joint one, not a one-to-one, and the tutor had a go at me. After he had emailed me about being relevant and contemporaneous (he said) he was keeping an eye on my blog for the next day or so (he's in the US somewhere) and I hadn't added anything, then suddenly, on the 3rd, there was a blog dated the 1st of April. He actually asked me if I was trying to make an April Fool out of him, but I pointed out that it was past 12 so if I had it would rebound on me, but he said, but it wouldn't have been in his time zone.

Then Barney said but he thought the complaint was that it hadn't been there on the first of April. Saskia said I was just demonstrating the technology, by showing that I could manipulate the date it was posted, and wasn't that part of the idea of my technology. (All our project briefs have been posted to the Intranet.)

Sir wasn't too pleased (and he was quite right) and said that if that was so, I should have included a paragraph to explain what I had done. (Only since that wasn't why I had done it, of course, I didn't think to include said paragraph. - so Sir, you can take this as a kind of apology if you like, and Barney & Saskia, many thanks, truly, for the support!)

No comments: