Thursday, March 29

Judgement of Solomon

I've had a whole raft (I looked that word up, so I know it is right) of emails about the koumboloi!

The first one explained that she was the owner of the koumboloi, she’d lost it while swimming and could I kindly return it to her. There was an address in California (but it wasn't signed Animal Liberator - see previous blog).

Of course, when I opned this, I felt guitly and wondered if I should post it off, or what I should do, then.......

The next email was from a man in Sydney, who said his wife had lost the koumboloi, and they’d appreciate its return. They’d refund the postage.

The third email claiming the koumboloi came from Minnesota (and I can't understand this, because there is nothing on my visitors' map to indicate someone from Minnesota has visited.

So I stopped feeling guilty, because how could I tell who it belonged to, if anyone. I replied to each of them:

“Unfortunately so many people, from so many different countries, have claimed the koumboloi, I feel I am unable to return it to the right person.”

I've even saved it to my drafts, so I can use it again in case I get any more similar emails.

Well, anyway, I was telling my Mitera about this and she said I should add to the reply:
rider “My only other option is to exercise the judgement of Solomon, and divide it amongst you.”

Then she said “Just for the fun of it I’ll get your Father to bring one home from the hotel gift shop, and if anyone accepts Solomon’s judgement we’ll send them a single bead.”

No comments: