Tuesday, March 30

But not me! Well, only on Buzz, and they allow it.

I posted "Incidentally, the reason I can't sign up to Facebook -not yet 13! (Not for any of the reasons suggested by some of my so-called reputable classmates!) So how come I know several other people across the world (including some of the above!) who are signed up who are also not yet 13! Surely they didn't lie!"



A quarter of underage children have social networking profiles
By OUT-LAW.COM • Get more from this author

Posted in Law, 29th March 2010 15:07 GMT

One in four underage children have profiles on social networking sites, according to research by media regulator Ofcom. The survey found that 25 per cent of eight to 12-year-olds surveyed have a social networking profile.

Children under 13 are not allowed to have a profile on the major platforms, including Facebook, Bebo and MySpace, under those sites' terms of use.

No comments: